Fully engaged participants are essential to the success of GOTS. Prior to the seminar, you will receive a more detailed event prep list. Participants agree to do the following:
- commit to complete the seminar by attending all day & evening sessions
- identify a classroom innovation from your online teaching
- define a specific problem encountered while teaching online
- complete a pre-seminar online module
- participate in asynchronous voice or video conversations using a computer with a microphone, webcam, or a mobile device (using Canvas & VoiceThread)
- bring your laptop/tablet to the seminar to share online teaching strategies during the “power up” show-and-tell periods throughout the event
Seminar staff will facilitate sessions centered around the special interests and problems of each group. GOTS is an energizing & refreshing event that brings teachers from diverse teaching fields together to explore teaching and learning innovations and solutions to problems encountered in the online classroom. The seminar is open to all full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty in all areas of instruction in higher education who teach online. Online teaching faculty from other educational systems are also welcome.